Dear St. John's Lutheran Church,
Many of our restrictions have been lifted and we are able to gather in person for worship. However, as the virus is still present many would still prefer to receive communion in a private service here at church. In order to keep these services as safe as possible our Communion services will have some restrictions.
- Communion will be served at church in the Welcome Center: All services will be held in the Welcome center. The reasoning behind this has to do with disinfecting. In the Welcome center I will be able to disinfect after each service. While we are not yet doing in home Communion, we look forward to the time when this will again be a possibility.
- No more than 9 Communicants at a time: My preference is to have the appointments by family, however, if two families want to combine please realize that we can have no more than ten people at church at a time (as per the CDC guidelines and the Governor's order.) With this in mind, we can have no more than 9 Communicants and myself.
- Individual Communion Cups: In order to keep people safe we have ordered special individually sealed communion cups. Each of these cups will be disinfected prior to the service.
In order to make an appointment, please click here to be taken to the appointment page. You may also call one of the senior elders, or Pastor Chris (309-306-1170) to schedule an appointment. With each appointment please make a note of a few things:
- Please let us know how many are coming. This will help to know how much Communion to get out. When you are scheduling the appointment, please write on the top (in the, "What" slot) the family name and number. i.e. Sansom 7
- Please let us know if you will be needing Gluten Free. If this is needed, please write GF + the number needed. We have a very limited supply of Gluten Free cups so please only use these if you need to. Thank You.
- If you are using the appointment slots and don't regularly check that email, place your phone number in the "What" slot. This is just in case a scheduling conflict emerges and I need to call to adjust our service time.
- When you arrive, there are instructions in the appointment slot. Don't worry, they look jumbled until you schedule the appointment, at that point, they will be emailed to you. These instructions were designed with safety in mind, and will explain the procedure. Feel free to email me with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you all for being so patient as we try to work through such trying times. God's Blessings to all of you, and hopefully I will see many of you soon.
Peace in Christ,
Pastor Chris Sansom